A drug test is a test that screens for prescription or illegal drugs in your system. The tests use various samples from your body to screen for the presence of drugs. These samples include blood, urine, saliva, sweat, or hair.
The tests screen for drugs such as:
- Steroids, cocaine
- Opioids like heroin, morphine, codeine, oxycodone, and more.
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
- Amphetamines like methamphetamine
- Barbiturates like secobarbital and phenobarbital
What Are Drug Tests Used For?
People need drug tests for various purposes. They include:
- Professional Purposes: There are drug tests needed for various professional situations like job applications, employee routine, or schedule drug tests for your employees. They are necessary for making decisions such as hiring, warning, or firing an employee.
- Sport Organizations: Athletes usually take drug tests to screen for substances that enhance performance and other drugs. Usually, college and professional athletes typically take these tests. However, some high schools expose their athletes to drug tests.
- Academic Institutions: There are educational institutions that also issue drug tests. It is a measure the administrations use to keep the academic environment drug-free.
- Legal or Forensic Reasons: Motor vehicle and criminal investigations may also require drug tests. The court can also issue a drug test order.
- Medical Purposes: Medical professionals usually prescribe opioids for chronic pain. The right amount is significant for recovery and to prevent substance use disorder. Thus, a doctor can issue a drug test to ensure your opioid consumption is safe.
How Can One Select Drug Testing Near Me?
Whatever the reason for a drug test, you will need to find a reliable drug testing center near you. There are various factors you need to consider before you get the center to issue drug tests. They include:
1. Reliable Testing
A serious drug test does not leave any room for error. The center and its officials should understand that there are careers and essential decisions at stake. Reliable drug testing has trusted procedures like:
- Thorough collection
- Keen evaluation
- Secure test procedures
- Reliable reporting
You need a drug testing center that upholds professionalism, accurate results, privacy, and avoids mistakes.
2. Location Convenience
Where do you want the tests administered? The center must be able to accommodate your location needs. If you wish to do drug testing on your premises, you need a provider that is willing to come. On the other hand, if you are flexible to visit the testing center, you will want one close to you.
Cost is an important factor as you select the drug testing center. Three main factors influence the cost of pricing. They include:
- Number of people tested
- The type of test
- Number of panels in the test
You should pay between $20 to $200 based on the above factors. It is better to part with this amount rather than expenses related to drug-related incidents.
4. Regulations Expertise
The drug testing center needs to comply with state and federal drug testing regulations. There are serious consequences and penalties for non-compliance. The Health and Human Services Department (HHS) and the Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) need to approve the drug testing center, especially if it is a federally regulated industry or agency.
5. Tailored Solutions
A customizable solution will fit your unique needs. Such a solution provides more options compared to a one-fits-all solution. Thus, you need to be clear about your testing needs and goals as you select the center.
Frequently Asked Questions About Drug Testing
- What Do I Need to Do to Prepare for the Test? Avoid consumption of poppy seeds and foods that have them because you could test positive for opiates. Moreover, you should be honest with the test provider or medical professional about using any substances.
- Do the Tests Pose Any Risks? Drug tests do not pose any physical risk to you. However, if you test positive, it will affect your career, court case outcome, sports eligibility, etc. You should know what the results will be used for before you take a test.
- How Do I Interpret the Results? A negative test result indicates that you do not have any drugs or substances in your system. On the other hand, a positive result is an indication of drugs in your body.
- What Is the Cost of Drug Testing? The cost depends on the type of test, the number of panels, and the number of people tested. However, an individual test should cost between $10 to $30.
- What Are the Types of Tests? There are five types of tests: blood, urine, sweat, hair, and saliva.
- Do I Need an Appointment for Drug Testing? Appointments are not a necessity. However, they will significantly reduce the wait time.
Drug tests are tests that screen for drugs and other substances in an individual’s body. They screen for various substances like marijuana, cocaine, opioids, and more.
There are five types of drug tests: hair, urine, blood, saliva, and sweat.
The urine test is the most common test. There are various reasons for taking or administering a drug test. It could be for professional purposes, sports organizations, legal, or medical purposes.
You do not have to book an appointment for a drug test, but it will save you a lot of time.
Can You Get Drug Tested at Novo Detox?
Novo Detox is a detox center that offers drug testing, detox services, addiction treatment & recovery, and co-occurring disorders. Our main goal is to help individuals to achieve long-term sobriety and wellness.
We customize our services to an individual’s needs through history & physical exam, toxicology testing, pharmacogenomic testing, and social & psychological assessment. Our patients are under the care of board-certified professionals with over 40 years of experience.
Contact us today for drug testing, detox services, addiction treatment, and co-occurring disorder solutions for you or your loved ones.
Looking For Reliable Drug Testing in Los Angeles, California?
There are various factors to consider as you select a drug testing center. They include cost, reliability, location convenience, customizable solutions, and regulations experience.
At Novo Detox, we meet the above criteria to perform a drug test, detox, addiction treatment, and addressing co-occurring disorders. Reach out to us by calling us now on (844)834-1777 for help .